Our educational platform offers accessibility to extensive educational tools and convenient laboratory training to assist healthcare professionals in expanding knowledge and meeting certification and licensing requirements. CRI® is the thought leader for instructing and training healthcare professionals in improving their skills and, ultimately, to perform higher quality services for the communities they serve.
Each course includes examples drawn from current practices and regulations, providing tangible knowledge that can be immediately applied in the healthcare environment. CRI®’s education portal provides flexibility by offering courses that can be purchased separately or as packaged programs.
CRI® offers continuing education credits through the following COLA approved providers:
- American Academy of Family Physicians (CME)
- American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science (ASCLS) P.A.C.E.® Program
- The Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel, Division of Medical Quality Assurance at the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (CE Broker®)
- California Division of Laboratory Science, Dept. of Laboratory Field Services
Through this site and www.labuniversity.org, our online educational portal, CRI® provides online courses and information about our symposia, live webinars and educational products designed for physicians, laboratory personnel and allied health professionals.
The CRI® educational platform is available to assist healthcare professionals:
- obtain CE credit to renew your state license
- earn CME or CE credit
- qualify as laboratory director for a moderate complexity lab (physicians)
Course topics are arranged in learning modules that offer flexibility and the availability to access on any mobile device.
Courses are accessible at any time, your progress is saved and lessons can be resumed from the point where you left off.
Physicians – The Lab Director CME Program courses offer CME credit for physicians to qualify as the Laboratory Director of a Moderate Complexity Laboratory.
Our extensive course catalog includes these categories (click on the name of the category in blue to go to that category):
- Laboratory Director CME: The Lab Director CME Course Program is approved by CMS, as a pathway for physicians to qualify as a Laboratory Director or a moderate complexity lab.
- Laboratory Training Courses: These courses and course programs, on a variety of laboratory topics, provide P.A.C.E.® credit
- Course of Study Programs: The Course of Study Programs are a combination of existing COLA products packaged to meet specific needs, such as continuing education credits for State or Phlebotomy License renewal.
- Continuous Quality Program Courses: An important centerpiece of our partnership with COLA accredited laboratories is our Continuous Quality Program (CQP), which is designed to help laboratories achieve and maintain quality standards 365 days a year, instead of only focusing on quality during the biennial survey process.
- Quality Management Systems: This series of courses is designed to help you implement Quality Management Systems in your laboratory. There is an introductory course on QMS, courses on the 12 Quality System Essentials, and two “how to” courses for process flowcharting and creating a quality manual.
- STAT Educational Programs: Occasionally, laboratories experience particular difficulty in meeting COLA accreditation criteria. This manifests itself as numerous citations on one survey, or as citations that are repeated over two or more surveys. These educational course programs were created with these labs in mind. Our STAT team (Staff Accreditation Team) will assign these programs to laboratories, as needed and according to the citations received.
- CEexpress: CEexpress is a fast and effective method for obtaining P.A.C.E.® credit by reading articles and completing a quiz on varied laboratory topics.
- MLE CEexpress: Sponsored by Medical Laboratory Evaluation (MLE), read articles on varied laboratory topics and complete a quiz to earn P.A.C.E.® continuing education credit.
- Webinar CEexpress: Webinar CEexpress courses are created from previously presented COLA Webinars to allow participants to obtain CE credit. The course links you to an archived version of the webinar slide and audio program, and to available pdf file resources.
- Live Webinars: Through CRI®’s LIVE Webinar series, healthcare professional will be able to access subject content tailored to relevant industry topics. A CRI® LIVE Webinar is a unique experience which allows participants to learn vital content in real time and earn credit. Registration is fast and easy through LabUniversity.org
Our Educational Products also include Educational Manuals and Guides:
- HIPAA, CLIA and OSHA: Understanding Federal Regulations
- LabGuides and LabFacts: Easy to use guides on laboratory topics. Available as download or paper versions.
- Quality Assurance: A turn-key Quality Assessment Plan, available in various formats.
- Waived and PPM Testing Procedures: These documents (one to four pages each) are waived, PPM, and specimen collection procedures. They are suitable for inclusion in a procedure manual and include references. The specimen collection procedures are also applicable to laboratory test procedures other than waived and PPM.